Saturday, November 29, 2008

Grey Means You Aren't Wasting Ink


I've been using a personal computer now for at least 25 years. In the past year or so, I tripped over a very significant yet simple discovery while setting my fonts in any program.

If you set it to grey (50-60% black), your black toner cartridge lasts a lot longer. It has the added advantage of being softer on the eyes (ears if you are reading) and is certainly less formal.

...suits me just fine
...I'm hardly what you could consider as a formal kinda' guy

You will certainly have noticed that I chose grey for the main body of text in this blog. That's Taylor the Teacher speaking. He likes to think he's that cool teacher you had, back in the day, that got you to lean forward in your seat and listen to what he was sharing with you. He didn't wear ties or suits. He was a lot more like an older friend. He got you to learn stuff.

...the maroon, well that's just Bozo thinking out loud
...I guess he's kinda' colourful

But Grey Means You Aren't Wasting Ink has an even more powerful meaning for me. I'm on the other side of the century trip so greying has another meaning for me.

As we get older, we don't (or shouldn't) be tripping over our feet as much. We should be digging into our memory banks and applying that which we have experienced. But that doesn't mean I don't stumble and fall anymore.

...Bozo is alive and well

...it's kinda' hard to kill a clown
...mostly made of rubber


No comments: