Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanking Your Mentors - While They Are Still Here


I regret not having the opportunity to say thank you to those wonderful and inspirational individuals that made the extra effort to supply guidance and motivation. You never know where it is going to come from.

...Rob (in the shop), got me into Facebook and rekindled my desire to write.
...opened a rather large can of worms there didn't you, Roberto.
...what is writing anyway
...my take is painting pictures with words
...kinda' simple, like me

My first recollection of an important sculptor of my skill sets, was Mr Stiver, Grade 8 teacher. He used to rub his hands together and croon with glee the following - "I just love grammar!". We, of course, would wince with pain over the thought of having to get out our note pads and actually have to pay attention to something useful. I don't even know where to start on how to thank you enough for my ability to speak and write coherently in the English language.

...what would I do without spell checker and a thesaurus, lol (actually more like lmao).
..students from this public school did way better in high school English classes (go figure)
...Thank you very much, Mr. Stiver

This is only Part One of a long list of notes on this subject.

...I have a lot of people to thank


No comments: